Rome&Roll + Gladiators Expansion
Rome & Roll is a heavy roll-and-write board game by Dávid Turczi and Nick Shaw in which 1-4 players compete to craft an empire. Draft from a pool of custom dice to collect resources, construct the town, and organize armies. Political alliances, the colonies, and even the Gods all have a part to play.
• Draft the dice to match your needs: roll, draw, and win!
• Play one of seven unique character classes, ranging from merchants to military
leaders, with a wealth of different strategies to deploy.
• Take advantage of four possible scoring avenues: construct buildings, trade resources, conquer unruly colonies, and renovate the Roman road network.
• Make political alliances and call on the Gods.
• Raise armies and invade settlements as far afield as Egypt and Spain.
• Build roads and manage unruly provinces.
While Rome is being rebuilt, the public demands entertainment! Emperor Nero wants you to sponsor games in the Colosseum, where gladiators will engage in thrilling battles for the enjoyment of the crowds. It's up to you to build ludi, where gladiators can be trained in one of the two competing schools, and arenas, where they can practice. You'll then assign the gladiators to the Colosseum to fight! All the excitement has also brought forth new advisors who offer enticing rewards for those who dare to bribe them...
The Rome & Roll: Gladiators expansion introduces a new Colosseum sideboard, gladiator dice, new shared advisors, a neutral foreman, and new blueprints, God's Favour, and Nero's Bonus cards. Gladiators also adds a fifth asymmetric character class — the Rudiarius, a retired gladiator who has earned their freedom. A veteran of the Colosseum, the Rudiarius can call in favors with his old masters to get ahead.